Tuesday, January 23, 2007

if

if life is
what I think it is;
if joy does not
always mean comfort;
i do not mind
sleeping for once;
under the sky;
just to awake
to the bright light;
just to see
who had gathered
onto the same beach but me;
I do not mind
mingling with people others may blame;
I do not care if they voted the same.

What I do care is to open my eyes
and exercise the difficult act
of opening one's soul
sometimes my own
as a present to you,
sometimes delicately yours
as a present to me;
and sometimes, more and more rarely
the soul of strangers
if he decides that it needs to bloom
or to burn or to cry in front of our eyes.

Am I to judge or am I to help?
Am I to hurt for an unknown
but possible friend,
and most important of all
will I be given the chance
to understand
you?
only if you let me to.

so would you care
to share with me
the open air for a day
a warm cofee
on a cold day
on a street;
will you dare
to be yourself
to be humble and ready to taste
how it is like to be different
my friend?

1 comment:

Reza said...

Dear Friends,

A group of researchers at University of Nevada, Las Vegas, are investigating effects of Weblogs on “Social Interactions” and “Trust”. Therefore, they have designed an online survey. By participating in this survey you will help researches in “Management Information Systems” and “Sociology”. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this survey. It will take 5 to 12 minutes of your valuable time.

Your participation is greatly appreciated. You’ll find the survey at the following link. http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=616499