Thursday, September 13, 2007

tiny love2

tiny love over the city
spread through the air
with the baker's fresh aroma
and the music of the chapel's bell.

it sat with me a while
on the bench where I was sitting
eating breakfast food at lunch
but mainly watching

watching other people eating
hoola-hooping, or just chilling
letting old sadness come out
through the mouth, and keyboard sounds
of the jazz musicians playing

and after it witnessed all
ritual of sunday cleaning
through communion with the people
many of whom had never talked
with each other ever before
the little air of love took off
shrugged her shoulders and departed
for another city after smiling
at a a girl in fancy drsses
she was just done
paying her bills online
writing down check numbers
more organized than I have ever been
in my life
(and especially on sundays)
I swear.
(with all that, even me
I liked her)

No comments: