Wednesday, November 14, 2007

white noise

this morning I got
30 emails, two phone calls
and I have been tagged twice,
in a network of friends

I cannot see them otherwise
because they live too far away;
further than themthe Pakistani
suffer an intense social turbulence

but I still have a normal workday ahead
when my son worries at school about famine,
and not being pushed on the playground
while I worry about his shoes not getting wet

I will plan to change
a dentist appointment I cannot keep
a couple of bills somewhere on the fridge
these I cannot change

tomorrow I will
make a trip to the library
check out a movie, or two, or three
I will perhaps not get to see any

I am sure
my iTunes folder has music
I love or know I would love
if only I would get a chance to listen

the monkey in my head
has a harder time every day
sorting all sort of inputs
from the white noise polluting my brain

deciding what is important today:
like holding a little hand
singing a song before bed
making it up perhaps

in a creative impulse
or in a state of blissful boredom
where I am lacking a high speed connection
to the many sources of noise in my life

today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAaaaaaargh! It's maddening. With us, it's the kitchen table. Mounds and mounds of things. I wonder what's under there.

Alexandra Badea said...

some things are better left ... mysterious :)