Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SM post

I read a forum on selective mutism and found these interesting poems that let us glimpse inside a rich but different world. How can we reach inside and touch with warmth and give confidence?

(by rainbow)


1.
If i could talk
I would
If i wanted to
I should.

But i cant.

It's just not that
Simple.
Its not that
Easy.

I'd shout and shout
But no words would come out.

Why cant they see?
What is wrong with me?

2.
My world just aint the same
As those who can say a name.
I'm different
But nobody knows
Just how hard it is...

I want to speak like you
But you just aint got a clue.

The words are stuck.
There's no escape.
I scream, I scream
But
No sound i make.
It's true...
...I want to be like you.

3.
I'm happy being me
I cant talk
But i can see
What its like
For those like me.

Give us time
Dont shout
Just wait to see
What we're all about.

4.
Dont shout
Because we cant talk.
You wouldnt push those
Who cannot walk.

Just because you cannot see
What exactly is wrong with me.

Give me time
Give me a chance
Maybe one day
I will sing and dance...

1 comment:

Maria Verivaki said...

last year we had a girl at the institute i work at, suffering from this - now i know what it's called