Friday, November 13, 2009

happy island

somewhere far
but not as far as the edge of the world
there must be
a happy island waiting for me

there must be songs
from the shore birds; and dancing fish
will rise to the surface
to see the foamy reflections of sunset

there must be light
enough to fill an empty heart
lacking direction
shall it drift off on its shore

there must be peace
and a total absence of fear
the only worry
need be putting one step in front of the other

loneliness here
must be a gift from the Gods
at their feet
the whole round world will be humming

I shall set sail
I cannot wait on board for the proper wind
I need to search for my island
while my arms can still work with the oars

1 comment:

Sindhu said...

very nice poem..
Thoughts which I do sometimes have in my mind..
But where can such an island exist?