Thursday, July 06, 2006

on becoming part of a forest



rainbow colored thoughts

Nothing so far, I feel nothing
but the humidity in the air,
the breath I take getting heavy
perhaps the pressure on my fingers
slowly cleaning themselfs of dust,
becoming green, multiplying into leaves;
their dirt dripping on humid ground,
turning clean like tears
for unknown and already dead leaves.
the forest has overtaken my presence.

i am none but a tree among trees
there is sap in my veins
nothing but sap and the need
to hiss with the wind
i cannot move anywhere so I gave up my shoes
since the forest has grown roots
allover my space, tied my legs
offering in return a large piece of eternity
the gift that and one may call me imortal
as long as the forest shall live

my limp arms are gaining strength
just for staying in place
raised and waiting for the sun.
if it will ever come
I will be here, standing;
my soul turned inside out
by words then dipped in
the songs of the forest.


who said there is no collective soul
did not recall the times long gone
of going to school or to church,
of hissing with the wind; a friend's search;
singing a tune on a stadium lawn;
cying over a meaningless game
of sports, a movie, a dead flower;
losing the singularity of "you"



PS:
watch the snowflakes falling
open the sky to your eyes
till it will absorb you
get lost in their dance
silently. then wonder why
your hand felt like ice

No comments: