Wednesday, July 26, 2006

on growing up

rainbow colored thoughts

that magic time when I was a child i was given a gift
greek myths and gods were populating my mind
i knew they could see me from the top of their mountain
or forests where they convived with middle age gnoms

at that time my parents had the stature of gods
but as I went on reading I started to notice
that their height had decreased
and the skin on the cheeks
were I was daily depositing a kiss
was becoming thiner and older


at times they were making mistakes
they did not want to admit
but I continued to read while they slowly got small
they had become very real human beeings
with problems that needed solutions
no magic to help them at all
and although they ceased to be perfect
my love for them had started to grow.

No comments: