Thursday, December 07, 2006

paint

if I could paint with words
I would put a little silver
the leaves this season
so they could shine
and draw the eye
from the glittering
windows of the shops;
I would add a little shade
of pink and purple
to cheer up those who slept
on the wintery path
where trees loose their leaves
and the landscape turns gray.
I would hang cones in my christmas tree
that I should plant outside;
I would not mind the deer
and the rabbits
eating my vegetable garden;
and I would paint in the morning
fresh flowers in the garden beds;
by midday
I would make sure
the sun has been drawn
up on top of the painting;
I would tint my fingers with orange
and purple and blue to smear on the sky
for an unforgettable sunset;
anmd everyevening I would draw
a blue-black curtain
over the day
and start dreaming
about the colors
I should use to paint
tomorrow.

No comments: