Thursday, November 25, 2021

Look

What are you looking for when you look at me

For I am your truthful mirror

I I can work for you 

From this wall looking you straight in the face


Look harder my friend 

And I hope most days you are looking for revelation

Rather than reassurance 

But if you seek this I can help you there too


For I have learned that there are so few of us that care

That you really will only seldom need it

Rather spend your time learning to stand up straight 

And judge fair, the things that matter 


I am here for you and all I can do

Is through back the image you are projecting on me

Echo your sounds and reflect your soul 

Until the magical day


The day I will welcome when you will declare 

you need me no more, And whether you break me or not 

I look forwards to seeing you so happy and large

As if you would have swallowed the moon.

No comments: