Wednesday, August 27, 2008

at the end of the day

and where is your heart my dear today
have you left it somewhere on the road,
between trains, or at the last bus stop,
mixed up by the business of the day?

and where do your dreams project
the facts of the day? did you make any plans
do you still think where you would like to go
if tomorrow will come?

are you perhaps tired today
of your daily races and would like to breath
slowly with a friend at the end of the day
telling each other stories of no matter what

for the simple joy of sharing time and mind?
would you like to wrap your arms around
me and I will support your dreams with my trunk?
We will grow together greener and higher

under the sun
will have to relearn to reflect
warmth and candor
and learn to listen to the pulse of today

1 comment:

Maria Verivaki said...

hi alexandra - orange peel is used in stifado, bean soup and other stews. it's a little old-fashioned, but then, so are my uncles...